CORPORATE HOUSING FACTORY | SUSTAINABLE HOSPITALITY
With investments in windmills, solar panels and electric cars the Netherlands is big on sustainability. Business travellers are also becoming more aware of how travelling impacts the environment. Just like you, we at Corporate Housing Factory care about the world we live in.
Sustainability is not only truly important to us, it is part of our DNA. That’s why we proudly like to share with you how we contribute to a greener society.
- In the beginning of 2020 we added ‘Hoge Duin ’, our first completely climate-neutral building, to our portfolio. This new building is extremely innovative and the focus on eco- friendly features and materials can be found throughout the building as well as in the apartments.
- All apartments are fitted with WKO-systems, storing hot -and cold water in the ground, thus saving energy.
- Our furniture is top of the line in terms of design and quality, ensuring an increased lifespan. So in that we also reduce our carbon footprint.
- Our well-known DSW Vitra chairs are made from polypropylene and polymide, both of which are recyclable thermoplastics.
- Our apartments are fitted with energy saving appliances, such as state of the art dishwashers, refrigerators, washing machines and dryers.
- Our Amsterdam property has a car park for electrical vehicles.
- Fight against food waste! We created a shelf in the fridge to put the food we won’t be able to eat before it expires. This way our colleagues know they’re ‘allowed’ to take it and it won’t end up in the bin!
- We have waste disposal programs in all our properties and offices.
- We work digitally, we print as little as possible and use recycled printing paper!
- We provide all information to our guests online: via email, our website, the Guest Portal or our MyCHF app .
- We don’t have any printed information booklets in our apartments, but do have an online Guest Directory for each property online: New Amsterdam, Gershwin, New Orleans, Hoge Duin and Hartje Gent.
- We try to make our residents aware of how they can contribute to a greener society, by placing tent cards of recycled paper in the apartments.
- Our branded CHF notebooks are made of recycled leather.
- As real Dutchies we love to cycle! That’s why almost all our employees come to the office by bike! Is it just a bit too far cycling? Then we take the public transport! We also stimulate our residents to use one of the many bicycle-sharing systems in the surroundings of our properties.
- HomePlan We are a proud Key-Sponsor of HomePlan. With e ach key that we give to our residents, we make a donation for the construction of a house in Latin America or Africa. We consciously choose to support HomePlan because offering people a home is the basis of our company. We truly believe that everyone deserves a house, home and future!
- We are proud sponsor of Just One Tree. For every check in made with Corporate Housing Factory, we will donate ₤1 to plant a tree.
- We are a proud sponsor and participator of the World Cleanup Day.That is why during World Cleanup Day, we’re cleaning with a mission. Together we can eliminate plastic pollution from the world.
- We are proud sponsor of IT4Kids. IT4Kids collects used hardware from companies and donates (on behalf of the contributor) the value of the hardware to charity projects committed to creating lasting opportunities (to play sports) for these children. Together, we create opportunities for children to develop #skills4life, such as self‑confidence, cooperation, respect and discipline.
- We participate in Warm Sweater Day! On the annual ‘warme truiendag,’ we’ll put on a warm sweater and lower the thermostat, to make an effort to reduce CO2 emissions and raise awareness about global warming! We even got our team some vegan, PETA approved and limited-edition CHF sweaters.
GREEN FUN WHILE STAYING WITH US
RESTAURANT BOLENIUS – AMSTERDAM
Celebrated restaurant Bolensius is located between the office blocks and architectural high-rise apartment blocks on the Amsterdam Zuidas. Nestled between these modern buildings, the sleeky-styled restaurant exudes a refreshing, modern-day vibe. The ‘eat local’ concept adopted by Bolensius is put into practice by having the vegetable and herb garden located right next to the restaurant. Each day fresh vegetables and herbs are picked and served from this garden. The restaurant has earned a Michelin star.
DE GROENE PASSAGE – ROTTERDAM
De Groene Passage is the only shopping centre devoted exclusively to shops and activities that are good for you, good for others, and good for the planet. This is the one-stop shop for anyone who opts for a sustainable, happy and healthy lifestyle. At De Groene Passage you can find household items and groceries, you can visit for a drink, lunch, or a quiet morning, and you can shop around…
KOKOTOKO – GRONINGEN
KOKOTOKO is a place where you can shop with a clear conscience. All products are produced with care, attention, love for life, and our future in mind. This means that virtually the entire product range is certified fair trade and organic. You can find men’s and women’s clothing, accessories to go with an outfit, things for the home, useful containers for take-away lunches, and cards and posters from local Groningen designers.
NUKUHIVA - UTRECHT
Fair fashion & Sustainable products: these are the principles behind Nukuhiva. Nukuhiva makes a deliberate choice for fashion labels that produce clothes in a way that respects man and nature. We only sell brands that produce goods under fairtrade principles. Often these brands also attach a great deal of importance to sustainability. The majority of the clothing is produced from organic cotton, lyocell, hemp and other natural materials. Whether you are looking for something classical, you can always find what you are looking for at Nukuhiva.